Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crunchy Cheese Sticks

I like these crunchy cheese sticks, but not the way my husband does. He LOVES them. I am always asking him for suggestions while meal planning, but it's really more like pulling teeth. So this week, when he suggested these, I called up his momma and got the recipe. It usually takes me several attempts to get her recipes right, but I think I nailed this one on the first try. : )

1/2 cup butter

2 cups flour

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (then I added about 1/16 more)

4 oz (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese

1 tsp salt

  1. Beat ingredients well, then add 5 tbsps cold water (I added a few tablespoons more).
  2. Roll mixture into a ball and refrigerate about ten minutes.
  3. Roll out until pretty thin, but not too thin. (Vague, I know, but really just about1/4 inch.)
  4. Cut into strips. (I used a pizza cutter.)
  5. Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes, or until brown on top. (I baked mine for almost 20 minutes because the hubby likes them crispy.)

Voila! You have yourself a nice batch of cheese sticks. We ate ours with chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment